Leuven International Short Film Festival
Leuven International Short Film Festival is the yearly place to be in December for film professionals in Belgium and abroad. As Academy Award Qualifying festival since 2012, BAFTA recognised since 2016 and European Film Award nominating since 2017, it’s the main Belgian gateway to the most renowned award ceremonies worldwide.
The festival takes place in the first week of December and lasts for 8 days in the beautiful medieval city of Leuven. The festival programme consists of more than 100 screenings in 4 venues. The whole festival takes place at one location, with screening venues, workshop rooms, festival bar and kitchen only a few metres apart, creating a unique cosy atmosphere.
The programme contains live action fiction films, animated shorts, short films for children, non-narrative shorts , VR and yearly changing thematic compilations. Every year, the festival screens more than 200 short films from all over the world, divided into more than 25 different compilations. Beside the film programme, the festival organises film concerts, live music, parties, dinners, masterclasses, workshops and panel discussions, giving film professionals from Belgium and abroad inspiring moments of learning and networking possibilities.
30.11.2019 ⟶ 07.12.2019
– One short film in competition will be qualified for the European Film Awards
EUROPEAN COMPETITION: FICTION
– Jury Award: €1.000 donated by the festival + Academy Award™ Qualifying
– Audience Award: €2.000 purchasing prize from CANVAS
FLEMISH COMPETITION: FICTION
– Jury Award: €10.000 shooting kit hire from Eye Lite + Academy Award™ Qualifying
– Audience Award: €2.000 purchasing prize from CANVAS + €10.000 post production support from Mikros Image and A-Sound.
– Jury Award for Best Debut: €1.500 donated by SABAM
– Jury Award for Best Actor/Actress: €1.000 donated by Playright+
FLEMISH COMPETITION: ANIMATION
– Audience Award: €1.000 purchasing prize from Dalton Distribution
FLEMISH COMPETITION: DOCUMENTARY
– Jury Award: La Guarimba 10 day residence program in southern Italy
Event Adress (map)
Arts Center STUK
A Vesaliusstraat 9C
Entry fee: $6-8
Vincent is the programme director and coordinator of Leuven International Short Film Festival in Belgium since 2016. Vincent has worked for the festival in all conceivable capacities in the last 13 years, ranging from editor, director, operator and programmer to volunteer. Besides the short film festival, Vincent also works as a programmer for Docville, International Documentary Film Festival and freelances as editor, animator and director.